Year / Release Date : 04/27/2021
Version : 6.5.3
Developer : Native Instruments
Developer site : native-instruments.com
Format : STANDALONE, VSTi, AAX *
Bit depth : 32bit, 64bit
Tablet : cured
System requirements: OC Windows 7 or higher, 4GB minimum RAM, Intel Core i5 / AMD Athlon II X2 processor
Description: Updated popular sampler. Contact allows you to play and process previously recorded audio data - samples of musical instruments, sound effects, vocal tracks, and more - but this is only a small part of the entire spectrum of its capabilities. In Vkontakte, you can use ready-made instruments from a huge number of libraries from third-party developers or create your own virtual instruments, apply powerful built-in processing modules to their audio signals, build complex performance schemes with various modulation connections. Anything is possible - from ultra-precise recreation of real instruments to the creation of original, unlike anything else instruments.
The main innovation of the sixth version of Contact is the table-wave engine, which allows new hybrid instruments that combine synthesis with sampling to create unique sound textures.
1. Activation of protected libraries is not required, the ability to register (add to bookmarks) in batch mode.
2. Ability to edit patches of protected libraries.
3. Ability to re-save with samples of patches from protected libraries.
4. Ability to edit password-protected scripts.
Features of the PORTABLE version :
0. Does not integrate into NI Maschine and Komplete Kontrol!
1. Installation, including additional software (Service Center, Native Access, MS VS C ++ runtime), is not required.
2. All settings are saved in the portable program folder (Windows registry and other system storage are not used, administrator rights are not required * ).
3. Integrated Library Manager, which provides full control over protected libraries, and also allows registering unprotected (self-made) libraries without generating nicnt files.
4. Ability to work simultaneously with the installed version of the Contact without conflicts and with different settings.
* (Super) administrator rights are required if the portable program folder is placed in protected system storage (for example, in Program Files) - such a location for portable programs is unnatural and is not recommended
What's new 6.5.3 - 2021-04-27 FIXED Transient Master could interrupt audio signals under certain conditions. FIXED Effects loaded in the Main Effects module could interrupt the audio signal under certain conditions. FIXED Loading a DAW project with missing content could lead to unpredictable Contact behavior. FIXED When changing source mode, zone speed was reset to default. ADDED (PORTABLE): pictures folder from factory content of 5th Contact 6.5.2 FIXED Contact crashed when trying to fix missing content under certain conditions. IMPROVED Fixing missing content is now much faster. FIXED Tools created with Contact 6.5.x could load incorrectly in earlier versions. 6.5.1 - 2021-02-09 FIXED Contact crash when trying to fix missing content in Cubase. FIXED the effects in the Instrument Buses and Main Effects sections were not synchronized with the tempo. FIXED freezing when trying to fade out, when the sample is not loaded yet.
How to install Kontakt 6 PORTABLE:
1. Create an empty folder. The name of the folder itself and the path to it MUST NOT CONTAIN CYRILLIC. The folder MUST BE RECORDABLE. 2. Run the installer KontaktPortable_v653.exe 3. Click the Browse ... button and select the created empty folder 4. Click the Extract button
How to transfer settings and libraries from Kontakt 5.7.x - 5.8 PORTABLE to Kontakt 6 PORTABLE
0. Close all copies of Kontakt 6 PORTABLE, including VST plugins.
1. Copy the UserData folder from the Kontakt 5 Portable root folder to the Kontakt 6 Portable root folder.
2. Open the copied UserData folder , find the Kontakt and Kontakt subfolders there 5 . Folder Kontakt remove. Rename the Kontakt 5 folder to Kontakt
3. Open the Settings. cf file in the copied folder in a text editor, find the line [Kontakt 5], replace it with [Kontakt Application] Save changes.
How to add Kontakt 6 PORTABLE VST to host (DAW)
Method 1 : Open your host settings and add the Kontakt6Portable \ Kontakt \ x64 \ VST \ folder (or Kontakt6Portable \ Kontakt \ x86 \ VST \ if the host does not support 64-bit plugins) as an additional plugin scan folder. See your DAW manual for details. Method 2 : Run Kontakt6Portable \ Install.exe and create a link to the VST plugins of the portable Contact in one of the folders that are already scanned by your host
How to add Kontakt 6 PORTABLE to ProTools
Run Kontakt6Portable \ Install.exe and select "Add AAX to ProTools" (on the component selection page).